If you’re looking for a place to bury your loved ones, Hollywood Forever Cemetery is definitely worth a visit. Located in Los Angeles, the cemetery is home to many of Hollywood’s most famous dead, including Johnny Cash, Marilyn Monroe, and Elizabeth Taylor. Plus, it’s got plenty of other attractions too – like its walk-through mausoleum with moving funeral procession scenes.
What is Hollywood Forever Cemetery?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a burial ground in Hollywood, California, United States. The cemetery was originally established in 1919 as a cemetery for film stars and their families. In 1997, it was purchased by the Hollywood Forever Association, a non-profit organization, and it now operates as an open-air memorial park with more than 3,000 interred celebrities.
The most well-known residents of Hollywood Forever Cemetery are Marilyn Monroe (whose body was moved to Westwood Village Memorial Park in 1989), James Dean (whose body was moved to the new Jim Dean Memorial Park in 2006), and Elizabeth Taylor (whose body was moved to the new Elizabeth Taylor Memorial Park in 2007).
Who is Buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery is home to some of the most famous faces in Hollywood history. Some of the celebrities buried at Hollywood Forever include Marilyn Monroe, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., and Elizabeth Taylor.
Visitors to Hollywood Forever can explore the graves of these celebrities as well as many others who have made a significant contribution to the entertainment industry. Among the noteworthy graves at Hollywood Forever are those of Charlie Chaplin, Rudolph Valentino, and Gene Autry.
Why are Famous People Buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery has become a popular burial site for celebrities, as many of them are buried near the stars they have loved and admired. The cemetery is located in Hollywood, California, and was founded in 1929. It contains more than 3,000 graves, including those of many well-known movie stars and musicians. Here are five reasons why famous people often choose to be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery:
1. proximity to the stars – many celebrities are buried near the stars they have loved and admired, making it a special tribute for their fans. For example, Humphrey Bogart is buried near his favorite actress Lauren Bacall, while Judy Garland is buried next to her longtime friend Mickey Rooney.
2. comfort – many celebrities feel at home in Hollywood Forever Cemetery because it has a feeling of “Hollywood glamour.” Many of the tombs are elaborately designed with marble and statuary, giving visitors a sense of awe.
3. privacy – although Hollywood Forever Cemetery is located in Hollywood, it is not open to the public. This makes it an ideal place for celebrities who want to be remembered by their family and friends but avoid the public spotlight.
4. history – Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a historic cemetery, and many of the famous people buried there have left an important legacy in entertainment and culture.
5. tribute – Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a special place for celebrities to be buried because it is a tribute to their memory and their loved ones.
How Much does it Cost to be Buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery?
Hollywood Forever Cemetery is the final resting place for some of Hollywood’s most famous stars. The cemetery offers a variety of burial options, from simple graves to elaborate mausoleums. And while the price tags range from affordable to quite costly, there is one thing all of these graves have in common – they’re all pretty amazing views. Here are three tips on how to determine how much it will cost you to be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery:
1) Start by figuring out how many plots you need. A single grave typically costs around $3,000, but you can add an extra burial plot for a loved one for around $5,000. If you have more than one loved one you want to bury at Hollywood Forever, multiply the cost of each additional plot by the number of people you want to bury.
2) Be sure to factor in any special requirements your funeral director may have. For example, if you want a crypt or an open casket funeral, those expenses will be added on top of the base price.
3) Finally, make sure to factor in any additional expenses that may come up during your funerals – such as burial ceremonies or memorial services.
All in all, it’s safe to say that it will cost you a pretty penny to be buried at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. But if you have a loved one who deserves to be buried here, don’t hesitate – the views are worth it!
Hollywood Forever Cemetery is a place of peace and love. The cemetery is home to some of Hollywood’s most famous people, including Marilyn Monroe, Elizabeth Taylor and Christopher Reeve. But it also contains the remains of many lesser-known celebrities, who were cremated and placed in the grounds in accordance with their wishes. If you are interested in learning more about any of these famous names or simply want to pay your respects, Hollywood Forever Cemetery is definitely worth a visit.